A few months ago, I was graced with The Versatile Blogger award by two very special bloggers. As some of you know I love getting awards but then I got busy, depressed, busy again, oversexed, undersexed, overwhelmed, busy again and then here we are.
But I realize the importance of acknowledging praise, and then passing it on to my own special selection of blogs. That really is what helps us bloggers keep going, the positive response to our work in the form of comments and awards, the community feedback is muy importante to me. See how versatile I am, I switched up languages within a sentence!
So here we go:
I received notification that Southern Sir at Southern Sir’s Place had awarded me a Versatile Blogger Award (now a few months ago, sorry again) and I was a bit blown away (still am). He listed me among some amazing writers, and though he has always been here for me in a supportive way through likes and comments, I just didn’t know I could potentially make his list! But I guess that is what the award is about, you want to highlight other bloggers that don’t necessarily blog the same way or about the same things you do.
His blog is about trust, vulnerability, love, companionship and being present in your relationships. He turns readers into tongue-tied wet-pantied dreamers wishing they could show their gratitude for his words in any way possible. Yes, I think you should visit his place when you get a moment.
A week after Southern Sir made me feel giddy with pride at getting a blogging award (seriously, it makes me giddy), I was given the award by Panty Parade at Off Go The Panties a week later! This woman is climbing the ranks in the sex blogging world, writes for a wide variety of sites and is about to be a published erotica author. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that is pretty fucking cool she thought of me as being award-worthy.
Shut-up anyone who thinks of these awards nothing more than chain-letters.
Awards are fun and good, heh, and in case you wondered, they come with rules. The rules, straight from the VBA site that I never knew existed until now:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here we go!
First of all, I realize I have a problem getting time to keep up with all my favorite blogs. This award requires 15 nominees and I can be honest that I do not read that many anymore. Of the blogs I regularly read I’ve given them so many awards already I’m not even going to nominate them below. Check out my blogroll to get to know my favorites.
My nominees for this round of VBA’s are as follows and in no particular order:
rougedmount – because her blog is an intense and passionate journey through a changing perspective on her unchanging and stubborn husband. Not sure how she would like this description because definitely there is more to her blog, but I enjoy her introspective posts on what work she puts in her side of the relationship. I want to give her a huge pat on the back for being so strong.
Thirteen Years In – this is another favorite blog of mine because of similarities between the blogger and myself, we even have the same age (for a few more months ;)) and personal interests outside of the blogging world. Her blog is an honest snapshot of her life and marriage, and her descriptions of the sex her and M have are so very hot. Speaking of hot, so are her photos!
‘Tis Personal- I think I’d describe this blog in similar ways as Anisa’s (Thirteen Years In) but it is so different. There is a journey being shared by husband and wife here, a journey of falling in love again after depression threatened their partnership. This is recovery, right here in written word, her side. She is discovering her needs to be submissive to Him, and how very important these needs are to the success of her marriage.
Thinking with my Head – B is ‘Tis’s husband. He reminds me of my husband sometimes, the way he loves his wife with everything he has in him. In fact that latest post about addiction, I’ve been told that same thing by my hubby. B’s writing is sexy at times, poetic, passionate and loving, and oh so very interesting because of his deep introspection about depression and what it took from him and his family for so many years. The great news is that life will continue to present them with opportunity for growth and change and especially enjoyment of one another. It is a beautiful thing to read.
Eric Keys – Eric’s writing is pretty badass. He turns people on in immeasurable ways with his erotic fantasies with edge. All I know is that instead of writing this post I’d rather be reading his succubus story. I’ll be keeping that window open until the story has been digested fully.
Cara Thereon – I know I’ve probably given her awards before, but I just love her blog because I’m witness to a young woman’s sexual journey and it turns me on and makes me cheer for her. I’ve never been witness to someone so driven to accomplish a “before 30” type list, even though it is just a small part of her posts, it is such a sexy theme.
Poetic Passions– You’ll find the most sensual and erotic poetry on this blog; and I didn’t mean to steal the tagline it just describes the blog so perfectly. The words flow so smoothly and are so full of need/passion/love/lust it just hits you in the right spots at the right times.
chicpress– The writing on this blog is so touching and passionate, it speaks to the memories of feeling such love that it could only be accompanied by pain. As a voyeur of forbidden love and a lover of poetry, this blog is such a great read so far! I can’t wait to get caught up on the archives.
Confessions of a Reformed Player– Hot, hot, hot fucking hot! I feel like I’m eavesdropping on the guys in the lockeroom telling sordid and sometimes true tales of their pasts when I read these stories. This man has had some experiences he’d like to share with you, but be aware all the women he’s fucked have been hot and he’s obviously endowed with some generous advantages to gaining their attention. And when I get his attention it gives me a nice little tingly feeling, yum!
Her Secret Library– Nero, I just love your smut! Like I’ve said before, I see how much you love your wife, and it’s so hot! I would love to meet you two with my husband and a few other guys and give her that gangbang for real…or is that too forward? What I really want is to turn her around, let her know how to use you the right way so you get yours and she stops reading erotica and flicking her bean instead of blowing or fucking you.
I’m going to stop at 10…fuck it…I’m sure you are here for this next part anyway…right?:
7 Things About Myself
Another post where I tell you “things about myself.” What is this, some kind of a sexy personal blog? Oh yeah, I guess it is. I really do like doing these lists because I think in real-life I tend to be more of a listener and don’t get much of a chance to talk endlessly about myself. If you want to really get to know me, you can click on awards to go back to other award posts, each one requires you to list interesting bits of information about yourself. Because of a recent Twitter discussion I’m going to do this list a bit differently:
7 Things you might notice about me when we meet
1) I’m tall. Not WNBA tall, but I’m not a small person, at all. My feet are large enough to keep my large frame balanced. When/if you notice my toes, I’m probably wearing some pretty pink polish.
2) I like to smile with deep eye contact a lot. I have a pretty smile but my teeth are not straight, despite spending half my adolescence going to orthodontist appointments.
3) I don’t mind if you take a peek at my cleavage, I made an effort to frame my chest with some pretty jewelry or a nice blouse for that reason.
4) I talk like a California Girl (meaning everyone else but me has an accent). I might use the words “like” more than others, and “hella” or “waaay” “cool” “awesome” and if I have a drink, slight chance I will let a “dude” fly, I’m sorry in advance.
5) I have a big butt. I guess I’ve shown it here on the blog a few times, but you don’t know how big it really is until you see it. I’m always talking about the big boobs here on the blog, but you might think I should have given a little more attention to the big round bootie. I’m just shy about it, but now that big asses are all the rage, I’m going to let that go.
6) I can’t help but to look at attractive people longer, I’m like an infant. I enjoy the thrill of the flirt, and I enjoy the different types of beauty in men and women. If you are attractive, I might be more attentive. But being attractive could just mean being confident. I mean, just don’t be mad at me if I look away when we are engaged in a conversation.
7) Having said the above, this is the most important thing I hope you notice about me: I love everyone and everything. I hope you notice that I see beauty in light and in darkness. My faucet is open and my spirit is abundant and free. I may feel down sometimes but it is because I take on EVERYTHING, good and bad. I want to be responsible for your happiness, and for theirs, and for theirs. I hope you don’t see that though my faucet is open, the flow has become almost a trickle. But you know, just meeting you, one time, has broadened my spirit and brought even more love into my heart, and has filled me just a bit more.
So by that I mean, I’m a tree-hugging hippie and I look like it too.
Happy Hump Day Folks!