The holiday season is in full swing. Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and I am sure a lot of other annual celebrations that I don’t know about. What are you celebrating this month?
We celebrate the Santa part of the holiday, Christmas. Then we celebrate on New Year’s Eve, a week later. Christmas is a time for family, food, and new toys. Celebrating the new year is a time to get together with friends, old and new, and party hard.
1. What was the last thing you hid? why?
I hid a pair of jeans I purchased to give to my husband for Christmas, but I couldn’t contain myself and gave them to him last week. I hid extra butter in a recipe over the weekend too, I did it because I think butter makes everything taste better.
2. What was the last lie you told? Why did you tell it?
It was that I put extra butter in the recipe because butter makes everything taste better, it was just because I read the recipe too fast.
3. What do you listen to when you workout?
I usually choose different Pandora stations depending on mood, and just go song by song, changing my routine as the song changes. I figure three minute bursts of cardio is good, and the changes are good. I like EDM (electronic dance music), and all sorts of music actually.
4. What is your favorite type of exercise?
I feel better after doing yoga than after intense cardio…though it would be a lie to make you think I do either regularly. I do prefer yoga or Pilates as a type of exercise as it seems to also integrate the mind and improves the inner workings of the body because it is low-impact and gentle.
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I am 1000% a morning person, I’d be embarrassed to tell you when I fell asleep last night, but I will tell you I woke up at 5:30am very refreshed today.
6. If you have a problem falling to sleep what tips/tricks do you use to induce sleep?
I put my body to sleep sort of meditatively. I tell my toes to sleep, then my feet, then my ankles, you get it…I work my way up my body and by the time I reach the crown of my head I’m usually asleep. I also will imagine my “happy place”, and how it would feel to fly around exploring every nook and cranny, never touching the ground. Sort of like a hummingbird.
Bonus: In the United States we just finished with Thanksgiving holiday. Tell us your:
1. Best Thanksgiving 2013 memory
2. Worst Thanksgiving 2013 memory
1. Best Thanksgiving memory: seeing how happy my kids are to see their cousins and to sit at the kid table and do all the things I enjoyed doing as a a kid.
2. Worst Thanksgiving memory: all the adults were so sucked into their phones and laptops we didn’t get to visit much. There was also a new list of chores/duties and a tighter rope on eating food that wasn’t brought by you or your family. It was kind of weird and not relaxing at all.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment on the TMI Tuesday blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!